During this “how-to” event, you will learn easy steps to create job descriptions that are:
- Accurate, clear, and defensible under the FLSA, ADA, and FMLA;
- Written in a manner that clearly defines the responsibilities of employee positions; and
- Consistent with best practices under other federal employment laws.
You’ll also learn the fundamental purpose of creating a job description, best practices for implementing a job description review process, and six of the most common (and costly) mistakes made when drafting job descriptions.
This comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand program also covers:
- Job-description best practices for 2015
- Methods to avoid job descriptions becoming obsolete
- How to recognize when jobs are defined too narrowly
- Which vague language most often leads to lawsuits
- How to make sure job descriptions are not ignored once written
Plus, during this need-to-know session, our expert faculty will explore:
- Step-by-step advice on the creation of job descriptions
- “No-no” language that may red flag the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Key words that will help ensure ADA compliance
- How to know if a duty is really “essential” under the ADA and how “essential functions” are generally defined
- Disclaimer language that should be included with every job description
Product ID: 5356
With your registration you get our top-selling best practice guide, Crafting Legally Compliant Job Descriptions – a $349 value – absolutely FREE.
Jam-packed with compliance guidelines, this comprehensive, 56 page guide provides
easy-to-understand guidance, including:
- Steps In Writing Descriptions
- Information to Capture
- Writing the Job Description
- FLSA and ADA Considerations
- The Job Description and FLSA
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to:
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Research Resources
- Job Description Checklist
- Best Practices in Developing Job Descriptions
- Non-Prejudicial Language for ADA Compliance
So, don’t delay! Order this information-packed webinar and get Crafting Legally Compliant Job Descriptions – absolutely FREE! You save $349!
Learn How to Develop Job Descriptions that Comply with the ADA, FLSA, and FMLA!Order my recording now
Joon Hwang represents management in a wide variety of labor and employment matters, with an emphasis on employment litigation of all types – from single-plaintiff to complex class, collective, and hybrid actions.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”