This information-packed webinar explores how to create a travel policy that is clear, concise, and complies with DOL and FLSA rules. This comprehensive program covers real-life non-compliance cases related to compensation and travel, with a focus on:
- How to build a travel policy that includes all aspects of travel
- Common travel policy mistakes under FLSA and DOL, and how to avoid them
- Best practices for travel compensation related to-
- Employees who report for emergencies
- Employer vehicle use
- Special location assignments
- Training time
- Company meetings
- Lunch and break times
- How to handle travel pay during regular work hours
- When you must pay on-call workers or those ‘waiting to be engaged’
- When commuting time is considered compensable
- Pay considerations for overnight travel
- Employees wage and hour scams and how to keep them from taking advantage
Product ID: 8473
Maximize Compliance, Meet Wage and Hour Requirements!Get it on demand now
Mark E. Tabakman
Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
Mark is a labor and employment lawyer who handles both union and non-union matters for employers across the country. He counsels human resource professionals and in house counsel in complying with the myriad federal/state employment laws to provide creative, practical and cost-effective solutions to employment issues and problems.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.