This practical, information-packed webinar answers such key questions as:
- What classifications of workers are permitted under the IRS Rules?
- What is the common law rule and how is it used to determine worker status?
- What are the three factors the IRS uses to determine worker status and how to apply them correctly?
- What are the “Economic Realities” factors under the FLSA and how do you apply them correctly?
- What are the penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor and who assesses them? (It’s not just the IRS you have to worry about.)
During this power-packed session, you will learn:
- How the FLSA rules differ from the IRS rules and why you have to follow both
- How the state trumps both the IRS and the FLSA on determining independent contractor status with the ABC test for SUI
- Latest agreements and/or programs being used by the states IRS, and DOL to “find” misclassified employees
- Who gets a W-2 and who gets a 1099 and why it should never be the same worker
- How to use Form SS-8 to your advantage to determine worker status
- How easily a 1099 audit can be triggered and why the chances of getting one are on the rise
- You found out you have a misclassified employee—now what?
Product ID: 18677
Your webinar includes the exclusive compliance guide – Employee or Independent Contractor? – a $247 value – FREE!
Jam-packed with compliance guidelines, this guide explores:
- Authority and Weight of the DOL’s AI
- Misclassification of Employees
- Economic Realities Test
- Application of the Factors
- Classification of Independent Contractors; Economic Dependence
- Work Integral Part of the Employer’s Business
- Worker’s Managerial Skill and Opportunity for Profit and Loss
- Worker’s Relative Investment
- Work Performed Require Special Skill and Initiative
- Permanent or Indefinite Relationship
- Employer Control
- Summary of the Economic Realities Test
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Independent Contractor (Self-Employed) or Employee
- Administrator’s Interpretation No. 2015-1
Learn When to Classify Workers as Independent Contractors, and When Workers Must be Classified as Employees!Order my recording now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.25 RCH by attending!
Receive 1.25 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live