- Create a pricing strategy that goes beyond one-size-fits-all, and attracts more business
- How to price a matter so it demonstrates clear value for clients, while leaving room for adjustments (and firm profits)
- Law departments and law firms- How to speak the same language
- Transparency- the devil in the pricing details, and how much data client expect firms to share
- How to use data analytics to support pricing decisions (and delight clients)
Plus, our faculty panel will guide you through the types of AFAs flooding the marketplace:
- Flat or Fixed Fee
- Contingent or Success Fee
- Task or Unit-Based Billing
- Percentage Fee
- Retrospective Fee Based on Value
- Statutory or Other Scheduled Fee Systems
- Hybrid Fee Arrangements
- Blended Hourly Rate
- Fee Collars
- Fixed Fee Plus Success Fee
- Hourly Rate Plus Contingency
AFAs can provide greater fee predictability and better value in appropriate matters. This CLE will explore how.
Product ID: 8515
Find Out How AFAs Can Help Your Firm Avoid Clients Bringing their Business in House!Get it on demand now
James A. Loeffler
CPA, CFE, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, CEO, LegalEye
Jim has over twenty years of financial, operational and information technology experience, which includes leadership roles with Ernst & Young LLP (EY), Campbell Soup Company and MBNA America (Bank of America). He founded LegalEye® in 2005 with the mission of helping businesses and the law firms that serve them reduce and control legal costs and the processes and risks that drive them. As a CPA, Jim has developed and implemented scalable data mining and analysis protocols, financial reporting structures and data visualization solutions that engage diverse groups of stakeholders.
Peter Lane Secor
Director of Strategic Pricing and Project Management, Pepper Hamilton LLP
Peter Lane Secor is the director of strategic pricing and project management with Pepper Hamilton LLP. Mr. Secor concentrates on legal project management, with focuses of improving efficiencies through shared management responsibilities,strengthening communication and making value transparent.
William Josten, Esq.
National Law Firm Profitability Specialist, Thomson Reuters
Bill Josten is the Westlaw National Firm Profitability Specialist, consulting with Large and Medium law firms nationwide on strategies regarding pricing, profitability, and cost recovery. Bill has also worked with large law firms as a National Account Representative and as a Reference Attorney. Prior to joining Thomson Reuters, Mr. Josten was an attorney practicing in criminal defense and general civil litigation. Bill was previously an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and has clerked at the Minnesota Court of Appeals.