In this timely webinar, Fisher Phillips’ attorneys, Jason Geller and Bailey Bifoss, will provide practical insight on balancing the legal and business issues of compliance with the broader concerns for providing transgender employees with a safe and comfortable work environment, including:
- Workplace policies that comply with current laws and articulate an inclusive company culture
- How to respond when employees tell you they are transitioning gender
- Federal and state regulations
- Gender expression
- Gender identity
- Names and pronouns
- Dress codes
- Restrooms and other facilities
- Best practices
- Legal and ethical obligations when updating:
- employee handbooks
- policies and procedures
- equal employment opportunity/harassment training
Product ID: 19362
Plus, you get Employee Complaint Investigations: Your Step by Step Guide to Managing, Investigating, and Resolving Employee Complaints – a $227 value – absolutely FREE!
This essential guide is designed to walk you through the steps for dealing with employee complaints; and gives you the guidance you need to handle investigations with confidence.
- Why You Should Never Ignore Employee Complaints
- Which Reporting System is Right for Your Business
- Why Outsourcing May Be Your Best Option
- A Complaint Comes In: What Do You Do?
- Planning For The Investigation
- Who Will Conduct It?
- Determine Scope of Investigation
- Identify Information To Gather
- Confidentiality Issues
- Handling Interviews
- Communication of Your Decision
- Handling Discipline When Required
- Federal Resources on Common Complaint Topics
Don’t Spark Legal Liability Under Title VII or Other Antidiscrimination Laws. Learn How to Legally and Effectively Address Gender Non-Conformity!Get it on demand now
Jason A. Geller
Regional Managing Partner, Fisher & Phillips LLP
Jason Geller is the managing partner of the firm's San Francisco office. Jason represents employers in all facets of employment law matters. He has considerable experience defending employers in litigation involving claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and California wage and hour laws.
Bailey K. Bifoss
Associate, Fisher & Phillips LLP
Bailey Bifoss is a client-focused associate in Fisher Phillips’ San Francisco office. She understands that to provide effective representation, a counselor of law must become a strategic partner to her clients by understanding their business, specific challenges, and goals. With years of experience on both sides of the table, Bailey has litigated and resolved numerous matters before federal and state courts and administrative agencies like the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the EEOC, and the Department of Industrial Relations.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”