Douglas J. Farmer, with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., will cover a mix of new and evergreen issues for California employers, including:
- Impact of new federal tax laws on confidential severance payments
- New commission pay requirements
- Current legally required content for harassment prevention policies
- Review of new employment legislation for 2018
- New leave requirements for employers with fewer than 50 employees
- Legally required changes to your background check practices
- New requirements for payment of commissions
- Changes to the content of California rest break policies
Product ID: 18602
Maximize Employment Law Compliance and Mitigate Your Legal Risk!Get it on demand now
Douglas J. Farmer
Shareholder Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Mr. Farmer is a shareholder in the firm’s San Francisco office. He has served as lead defense counsel to Fortune 500 companies in more than 50 wage and hour class actions over the past decade, developing practical compliance solutions for his clients in areas such as California meal and rest break requirements, wage statement regulations, joint employment, piece rate pay, and emerging California legal developments. He has tried to verdict a wide variety of employment cases in California state and federal courts, including wage and hour, disability discrimination, FMLA/CFRA, sexual harassment, age discrimination, pregnancy discrimination and other wrongful termination matters.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”