Experienced business consultant and tax reporting specialist, Steven D. Mercatante, Esq., will discuss best practices for preventing costly penalties, and how to safely manage requirements and procedures surrounding Form W-9 and TINs.
- How to ensure your organization’s compliance with documentation, reporting and withholding requirements
- How to respond to the IRS to avoid penalties and how to prepare for B-notices
- The importance of payee TIN and name certification
- TIN matching basics
- B-Notice processing rules
- Deadlines and filing requirements for information returns
- Federal backup withholding and associated financial liability risks
- What constitutes a solid Reasonable Cause History when requesting Penalty Abatement
Product ID: 14300
Learn How to Prevent Costly Fines and Reduce the Risk of Being Out of Compliance!Get it on demand now
Steven D. Mercatante, Esq.
Principal and Founder, TIR Consulting
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for C4CM, Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, and Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow.