Experienced business consultant and tax reporting specialist, Steven D. Mercatante, Esq., will discuss best practices for preventing costly penalties, and how to safely manage requirements and procedures surrounding Form W-9 and TINs.
- How to ensure your organization’s compliance with documentation, reporting and withholding requirements
- How to respond to the IRS to avoid penalties and how to prepare for B-notices
- The importance of payee TIN and name certification
- TIN matching basics
- B-Notice processing rules
- Deadlines and filing requirements for information returns
- Federal backup withholding and associated financial liability risks
- What constitutes a solid Reasonable Cause History when requesting Penalty Abatement
Product ID: 19219
Learn How to Prevent Costly Fines and Reduce the Risk of Being Out of Compliance!Order my recording now
Steven D. Mercatante, Esq.
Principal and Founder, TIR Consulting
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for C4CM, Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, and Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow.
Continuing Education Units
Receive 1.5 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live