This power-packed webinar explores how women can combat toxic behavior at work with key strategies used by FBI hostage negotiators to manage conflict and defuse high stakes situations. During this interactive session, you will learn how to:
- Think and act like a hostage negotiator by employing self-control, empathy and open-ended questions.
- Focus on what you can control by owning your reactions and agency in negotiating for change at work.
- Detach and detox from work stress, so you’re not bringing stress home or stuck rehashing horror stories to friends and family.
- Keep your cool during high stakes situations and avoid either exploding or shutting down in emotionally charged situations.
- Set clear and specific boundaries in as few words as possible without anger or judgment.
- Use business tools to one’s advantage and cultivate options before tricky negotiations.
Product ID: 5600
With your webinar you get the top-selling guide, Difficult People at Work: Co-working & Management Strategies for a More Productive Workplace – a $349 value – absolutely FREE!
Jam-packed with “how-to” strategies for nipping conflict in the bud, this comprehensive, 96 page guide provides practical guidance, including:
- Identifying and Understanding the 9 Most Difficult Personality Types
- Whiners / Complainers
- Gossips / Tattle-tales
- Effective Procedures and Actionable Strategies for Handling Difficult Employees
- Research and Evaluate the Behavior
- Objective vs. Subjective Feedback
- Determine Root Cause of Behavior
- Map Out Consequences
- Improvement Plans and Follow-ups
- Coaching Difficult Employees
- When Termination is the Solution
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to 30 extra pages of sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Checklist for Difficult People Procedures
- Elements of a Written Summary of a Verbal Disciplinary Discussion
- Sample—Documenting a Verbal Warning
- Elements of a Written Warning
- Written Warning
- Follow-up Plan for Modifying Behavior
- Discipline Documentation Form
- Non-verbal Behaviors and their Meanings
- Best Ways to Deal with Different Types of People
- Dealing with Difficult People: Learning to Fight Back… on Your Terms
- Bullying in the Workplace: What Is It and What Can You do?
- Stop Playing “The Blame Game”: Finding Solutions Rather than Finding Fault
Learn How to Combat Toxic Behavior, Manage Conflict, & Defuse High Stakes Situations!Order my recording now
President, PointMaker Communications
Jackie Kellso, President of PointMaker Communications, Inc., is the “Retrain Your Brain” expert. Her motto is Be Your Point. Applying neuroscience to her coaching and training, Jackie helps her clients challenge their old beliefs, out-dated habits and antiquated ways of thinking and communicating. Jackie’s methodology yields an improved self-image, stronger communication and interpersonal skills and as a result, successful outcomes.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”