This information-packed webinar will help you navigate the complex universe of document retention rules and practicalities, including:
- Mandatory record-retention requirements under federal and state laws
- Keys to drafting records retention policies and protocols
- Types of records that can and cannot be stored electronically
- How to avoid paperless pitfalls that can increase litigation exposure or violate the law
- Best practices for storage, retrieval and collection of ESI
What Are Your Records Retention Requirements Under Law?
- Obligations imposed by statutes, regulations and case-law
- Are electronic files, websites and emails subject to the same obligations as paper?
- Which information should you destroy and how
- When you should create detailed logs of record-purging and back-up activities
Drafting and Auditing Electronic Records Retention Programs
- Key elements of an e-records retention policy
- Related policies and protocols you need now
- Record retention and “the cloud”: What must be addressed
- Security protocols that protect confidential and proprietary information
- Key types of ESI to consider in developing organizational policies
How to Strive for Optimal Preparedness for Litigation and eDiscovery
- How safe is “safe harbor”: Three questions to anticipate from litigation counsel
- When and how to implement a litigation hold, notwithstanding your record retention schedule
- Strategies to reduce the odds of “smoking gun” documents, messages or posts haunting you
- Best practices for collecting data in response to eDiscovery requests
Product ID: 6580
Your webinar includes the top-selling guide, Record Retention Compliance & Best Practices – a $347 value – absolutely FREE!
This comprehensive, 55 page guide gives you all the guidance and support materials you and your managers need to ensure record retention compliance including:
- Benefits of a Quality Records Retention Program
- What Is an Effective Records Program?
- Records Retention is a Company-Wide Project
- Creating a Successful Program
- Litigation Holds
- Implementation Of Your Retention Policy
- You Can Retain Too Much
- Going Paperless
- Medical Records
- I-9 Forms
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to 25 extra pages of sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Suggested Retention Guidelines
- The FLSA Fact Sheet
- The FMLA Forms
- Sample Record Retention and Destruction Policy
- Record Retention Policy Checklist
So, don’t delay! Register now for this information-packed webinar and get Record Retention Compliance & Best Practices absolutely FREE! You save $347!
Learn How to Navigate the Complex Universe of Document Retention Rules and Practicalities!Get it on demand now
Technology and eDiscovery Counsel and Co-Chair, Electronic Information Management, Fenwick & West LLP
Mr. Brownstone advises clients on electronic discovery, electronic information management, retention/destruction policies and protocols, information-security and privacy. He is a technologist who has practiced law for 28 years, with morethan half that time at Silicon-Valley-headquartered Fenwick & West LLP.