This essential, 63 page guide is jam-packed with the tips, tools, and techniques you need to ensure wage and hour compliance.
- Key Reasons for Reclassification
- Reasons to Do an Exempt Status Audit
- What to Do in an Exempt Status Audit
- Identify All Exempt and Nonexempt Positions
- Example of Similar Job Descriptions – One Exempt and One Nonexempt
- Case Study of Job Reclassification
- The Investigator
- Gather the Facts and Consider the State and Federal Law
- The Salary Test
- Interviews, Observation, and Renewing Documents
- Looking Into the Management Employees
- Administrative Exempt Employees
- Computer Professionals
- Federal and State
- The Job on the Cusp: What Do You Do If a Position Is Not Clearly Exempt or Nonexempt?
- What About Positions that Need to Be Exempt for Recruiting?
- What About Employees Who Want to Be Exempt?
- Issues with Reclassification
- Communication is Vital
- Common Questions and Responses
- Handling Reclassification With and Without Back Pay
- Do Nothing Approach
- Reclassification With No Back Pay
- Reclassification with Back Pay
- Example of Back Pay Calculation
- Implement the Changes
- Getting the Right Help
Plus, this essential guides also provides you with detailed information on:
- Exemptions for Executive, Administrative, Professional, Computer and Outside Sales Employees Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Salary Basis Requirement and the Part 541 Exemptions Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
If you’re not completely convinced that Reclassifying Exempt Employee: Tips, Tools, and Techniques to Ensure Wage and Hour Compliance delivers all that we promise, we’ll refund every penny. It’s that simple.
Product ID: 2831