This essential guide is jam-packed with the tips, tools, and techniques you need to ensure wage and hour compliance.
- Key Reasons for Reclassification
- Reasons to Do an Exempt Status Audit
- What to Do in an Exempt Status Audit
- Identify All Exempt and Nonexempt Positions
- Example of Similar Job Descriptions – One Exempt and One Nonexempt
- Case Study of Job Reclassification
- The Investigator
- Gather the Facts and Consider the State and Federal Law
- The Salary Test
- Interviews, Observation, and Renewing Documents
- Looking Into the Management Employees
- Administrative Exempt Employees
- Computer Professionals
- Federal and State
- The Job on the Cusp: What Do You Do If a Position Is Not Clearly Exempt or Nonexempt?
- What About Positions that Need to Be Exempt for Recruiting?
- What About Employees Who Want to Be Exempt?
- Issues with Reclassification
- Communication is Vital
- Common Questions and Responses
- Handling Reclassification With and Without Back Pay
- Do Nothing Approach
- Reclassification With No Back Pay
- Reclassification with Back Pay
- Example of Back Pay Calculation
- Implement the Changes
- Getting the Right Help
Plus, this essential guides also provides you with detailed information on:
- Exemptions for Executive, Administrative, Professional, Computer and Outside Sales Employees Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Salary Basis Requirement and the Part 541 Exemptions Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
If you’re not completely convinced that this invaluable guide delivers all that we promise, we’ll refund every penny. It’s that simple.
Product ID: 2831