During this information-packed webinar you will learn how to limit your exposure to wage and hour lawsuits when reclassifying exempt employees. You’ll also learn:
- Key reasons for reclassification
- Strategic considerations when reclassifying exempt employees
- Best practices for implementing a reclassification
- How benefit plans are impacted by a reclassification
- How to determine if you should – or should not – involve incumbent employees in an audit process
- If past overtime pay is always due employees when reclassifications occur
- How to identify how far back past overtime pay can be due if reclassifying employees
Product ID: 6374
With your order you get the exclusive guide, Reclassifying Exempt Employee: Tips, Tools, and Techniques to Ensure Wage and Hour Compliance – a $247 value – FREE!
This essential, guide is jam-packed with the tips, tools, and techniques you need to ensure wage and hour compliance.
- Key Reasons for Reclassification
- Reasons to Do an Exempt Status Audit
- What to Do in an Exempt Status Audit
- Identify All Exempt and Nonexempt Positions
- Example of Similar Job Descriptions – One Exempt and One Nonexempt
- Case Study of Job Reclassification
- The Investigator
- Gather the Facts and Consider the State and Federal Law
- The Salary Test
- Interviews, Observation, and Renewing Documents
- Looking Into the Management Employees
- Administrative Exempt Employees
- Computer Professionals
- Federal and State
- The Job on the Cusp: What Do You Do If a Position Is Not Clearly Exempt or Nonexempt?
- What About Positions that Need to Be Exempt for Recruiting?
- What About Employees Who Want to Be Exempt?
- Issues with Reclassification
- Communication is Vital
- Common Questions and Responses
- Handling Reclassification With and Without Back Pay
- Do Nothing Approach
- Reclassification With No Back Pay
- Reclassification with Back Pay
- Example of Back Pay Calculation
- Implement the Changes
- Getting the Right Help
Plus, this essential guides also provides you with detailed information on:
- Exemptions for Executive, Administrative, Professional, Computer and Outside Sales Employees Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Salary Basis Requirement and the Part 541 Exemptions Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Learn Tips, Tools and Techniques to Ensure Wage and Hour Compliance!Get it on demand now
Kirsten A. Milton
Shareholder, Jackson Lewis P.C.
Kirsten A. Milton is a Shareholder in the Chicago, Illinois, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She represents and counsels management in a wide range of labor and employment issues.
Ms. Milton's practice particularly focuses on class and collective action litigation arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage-and-hour laws, as well as class action and multi-party litigation arising under Title VII and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”