This power-packed webinar provides you with tactics to help you 1) prepare for your presentation, 2) keep your audience’s attention, and 3) reduce your jitters. With a focus on dealing with nerves and anxiety, this practical program will also teach you “How to”-
- Ask the right questions before the meeting or event (know your audience)
- Deliver an impactful opening, message, and closing
- Prepare and ground yourself in advance of a talk
- Understand and get over your bad attitude toward public speaking
- Determine what your audience already knows and focus your speech on what you want them to learn
- Speak professionally even when the topic is not in your comfort zone
Plus, you’ll come away with specific approaches to improve how you perform at your next meeting or presentation, including:
- Non-verbal techniques to use and avoid
- Simple breathing exercises to calm your nerves and help you succeed
- Tips to help you recover if you lose focus
- How to use personal storytelling to build audience rapport
- Strategies for managing and adhering to time constraints
- Techniques to help you prepare for difficult questions
Product ID: 15670
You also get Communication Skills for Managers: Tips, Techniques, and Best Practice Strategies to Communicate More Effectively – a $197 value – absolutely FREE!
This powerful resource gives you clear communication guidelines for:
- Communicating with Employees
- Understand Your Purpose
- Written Communications
- Verbal Communications
- Communication from Employees
- Soliciting Information From Employees
- Open Door Policies
- Employee Surveys
- Listening and Learning from Others (Active Listening)
- Case Study: Communication Skills
- Managing Up
- Strategies For A Positive Relationship With Your Manager
- Understanding What Your Manager Needs From Your Team
- Effectively Getting What You Need From Your Manager To Develop and Strengthen Your Team
- Sharing Your Team: How To Be A Team Player and Still Achieve Department Goals
- Managing Out: Standing Up for Your Team
- Be Your Department’s Ambassador To The Rest Of Your Organization
- How To Effectively Represent Your Team
- How To Protect Your Team When Work from Other Department Infringes On Their Performance
Plus, this quick and easy must-read eBook is full of the tips, techniques, and the practices you need to effectively communicate the messages you’re trying to get across and the results you want to achieve.
Finally, Discover How to Reduce Your Anxiety and Improve Your Performance!Order my recording now
Author, The Kick Ass College Guide to Presentations
Brian Stampfl is the author of “The Kick Ass College Guide to Presentations.” His experience spans over twenty years to include work as a speaker, teacher, police academy instructor, and other specialized training. Brian is a former adjunct faculty member of Seattle University where he taught a course on Crime Scene Investigation and continues as a frequent guest lecturer and advisor to Seattle University’s Criminal Justice Department.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
Receive 1.25 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.