This comprehensive training session gives you practical, easy-to-understand solutions to the complex issues you’ll face in November, December and January, including:
- Changes to Form W-2 and Form 941 for 2018
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done
- Update on year-beginning annual changes for:
o social security wage base,
o fringe benefit limitations,
o federal per diem allowance,
o standard mileage rate,
o qualified transportation fringe benefits,
o advanced earned income credit, and more.
- How to use the required year-end notice to update your employees for the coming year
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end including action item check lists for Form W-2, Year end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
During this must-attend program, our expert faculty will also explore:
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long as is now expected by the IRS
- Taxation of fringe benefits at year end including:
o awards and prizes,
o moving expenses,
o personal use of company cars, and
o gift certificates
- Latest update on white-collar exemptions
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more
- Review of EFW-2 record changes for tax year 2018
- Verifying employee names and SSN’s
- Review of filing deadlines
- Third Party Sick Pay reporting
- Example year-end checklists
Plus, you’ll get answers to your specific questions during our interactive Q&A session.
Product ID: 20138
Get the Help You Need to Navigate Year End's Complex Compliance Issues!Order my recording now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.50 RCH by attending!
Receive 1.50 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.50 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.