You cannot afford to only grasp the basics … learn the ins and outs for the most current issues for Tax Year 2017 reporting in this information-packed webinar. During this must-attend session our expert faculty will explore:
- 1099-MISC basics, and when you need to file one,
- Steps to help your company avoid penalties, and
- Best practices to limit the number of corrected Forms 1099-MISC you’ll have to process.
Plus, you will learn what your organization needs to be doing now to be meet reporting deadlines and ensure compliance, including:
- Specific information on IRS deadlines
- Best practices for getting your documentation and solicitations in order in time for the deadlines (including missing and invalid TINS and incomplete records)
- How to use the IRS TIN matching program to ensure that you have TIN/name combinations that match those of the IRS
- What to look at when examining year-end processes to ensure accurate filing
- Considerations when modifying accounting procedures to capture payee information needed to fulfill IRS requirements
- How to improve your organization’s B Notice process (including changes to 1099-B Broker reporting)
- All about form 1099-K
- IRS penalties, and practical practices to help avoid them
Product ID: 14335
Learn the Ins & Outs for the Most Current Issues for Tax Year 2017!Order my recording now
Steven D. Mercatante, Esq.
Principal and Founder, TIR Consulting
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for C4CM, Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, and Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow.
Continuing Education Units
Receive 1.5 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live