You can’t afford to only grasp the basics … learn the ins and outs for the most current issues for Tax Year 2016 reporting in this information-packed webinar. During this must-attend session you will learn:
- Changes you need to make NOW to meet the new filing deadlines,
- Steps to help your company avoid penalties, and
- Best practices to limit the number of corrected Forms 1099-MISC you’ll have to process.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn what your organization needs to be doing now to be meet the new reporting deadlines, including:
- What the form 1099-MISC is, and when you need to file one
- Specific information on new IRS deadlines
- Best practices for getting your documentation and solicitations in order in time for the new deadlines (including missing and invalid TINS and incomplete records)
- How to use the IRS TIN matching program to ensure that you have TIN/name combinations that match those of the IRS
- What to look at when examining year-end processes to ensure accurate filing
- Considerations when modifying accounting procedures to capture payee information needed to fulfill new IRS requirements
- How to improve your organization’s B Notice process (including changes to 1099-B Broker reporting)
- All about form 1099-K
- IRS penalties, and practical practices to help avoid them
Product ID: 8478
Meet New Filing Deadlines, Ensure Compliance & Avoid Costly Penalties!Get it on demand now
Steven D. Mercatante, Esq.
Principal and Founder, TIR Consulting
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for C4CM, Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, and Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow.