In just 75 minutes you will learn how to ensure compliance with IRS Tax Code and federal regulations, and get the tools you need to:
- Handle insurances in the payroll department including the requirements under the ACA
- Properly handle other types of health insurance plans such as HSAs or HRAs
- Tax and report life insurance, from simple group term life insurance to whole or split life insurance
- Ensure third party sick pay is properly reported for this year
- Understand the role payroll plays in workers’ compensation pay-outs and premium payments
Plus, our expert faculty will guide you through, step-by-step:
- Calculating and reporting health insurance benefits for 2018
- How to deal with the complexities of third party sick pay taxation and reporting
- How to calculate, tax and report group term life insurance
- Basics of taxing and reporting whole and split life insurance
- Handling the alphabet soup of health insurance including HSAs, HRAs and MSAs
- Essentials of workers’ compensation for payroll
This is an excellent basic training course for those new to payroll and an appropriate refresher program for the seasoned professional.
Product ID: 19056
Plus, you get the NEW and EXCLUSIVE guide – HR, Payroll, and the New Tax Laws: What Employers Need To Know – a $97 value – FREE!
This report takes a provision-by-provision look at how employers and their employees are affected by the TCJA and will cover changes and impacts related to:
• Withholding and W-4 implications
• Fringe benefits
• Paid family leave
• Equity grants
• Unreimbursed employee expenses
• Sexual harassment awards
• Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• Qualified retirement plans
Plus, each section will end with action tips that provide steps you need to take to comply with the provisions of the legislation.
Don’t Gamble with Compliance. Get an Insider’s Guide on What’s Needed to Properly Tax and Account for Insurance Benefits!Order my recording now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.50 RCH by attending!
Receive 1.50 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live