This practical, information-packed webinar explores what can and cannot be deducted from an employee’s regular paycheck as well as their final one. In just 75 minutes, you will learn the ins and outs of payroll deductions, including:
- Taxes—which are mandatory, which are a courtesy, and which ones the employee controls
- Child support—the limits but not beyond
- Tax levies—federal and state
- Creditor garnishments—how many can you honor and how often
- Voluntary wage assignments for “payday loans”—when are they required to be honored
- Fringe benefits—handling health insurance or group term life
- Uniforms—when the employer pays for it and when the employee furnishes it
- Meals—when they become part of the employee’s wages
- Lodging—when it is part of the employee’s wages and when is it a perk
- Shortages—the employee came up short so they have to cover that right?
- Breakage—you broke it so you have to pay for it, legal or not
- Overpayments—the employee was overpaid so you can just take the money back or can you?
- Advanced vacation pay—the employee knows the vacation hours were advanced so we can take them back when the employee quits can’t we?
- Loans to employees—what terms can be set while the employee is still active and what can be taken when the employee terminates
- Employee purchases—active employees and terminated employees
- Anti-wage theft laws and the states
Product ID: 11204
Learn What You Can and Can’t Deduct from Employee Pay!Get it on demand now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.50 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.