During this information-packed program nationally recognized Certified management consultant, Joel A. Rose, will provide specific instructions about how to select the most appropriate partner compensation system for your firm, including:
- Key elements of every well-conceived and implemented incentivized compensation system
- The importance of tying your compensation system to the firm’s economic goals and the partners’ financial and professional objectives
- The pros and cons of different kinds of compensation systems, including:
- Parity system (equal compensation for all partners)
- Lock-step system (seniority)
- Purely objective system (formulaic, eat what you kill)
- Purely subjective system
- Hybrid system (combination objective and subjective)
- Percentage/points system
- Various types of Origination credit:
- Individual and shared origination credit
- Proliferation credit
- Inherited origination credit
- Fortuitous origination credit
- Referred Origination credit from friendly 3rd parties
- Systems for tracking and valuing various types of Origination credit
- Compensation criteria to motivate partners to:
- Originate new business
- Cross-sell the firm’s expertise to existing and potential clients
- Produce legal work
- Delegate work to others
- Bill and collect fees in a timely manner
- Train associates
- Addressing tensions arising from sharing Origination credit
- Permanent Origination vs. A Sunset rule on Origination
Product ID: 13261
Plus, you get our top-selling best practice guide, Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – a $249 value – FREE!
This comprehensive guide explores the problems firms encounter before, during, and after implementing origination and cross-selling credits within the compensation system.
- Challenges for Modern Day Law Firms
- Developing Your Compensation System
- Understanding the Different Types of Origination
- Origination and Cross-Selling Credits within the Compensation System of a Law Firm
- Prepare for Changes in Origination Credit
- Monitoring Your Origination and Cross-Selling Credits
- How to Teach Your Attorneys to Cross-Sell
- Fitting Attorneys Into Proper Roles in the Firm
- Developing a Customized Model of Performance
So, don’t delay! Get Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit TODAY – absolutely FREE!
Discover How Your Firm’s Partner Compensation System Can Attract & Retain Top Talent while Increasing Firm Revenue & Profitability!Order my recording now
Joel A. Rose
Certified Management Consultant and President, Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc.
Joel A. Rose is a Certified Management Consultant and President of Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc., management consultants to the legal profession. Mr. Rose has extensive experience consulting with private law firms, corporate law departments and government agencies.
Alan H. Zuckerman
Flaster Greenberg PC
Alan H. Zuckerman serves as Flaster Greenberg's managing shareholder and chief operating officer. He is a member of the firmâ€™s Corporate and Tax Departments and has a business practice with a concentration in federal and state taxation, business and corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions (involving both public and privately held companies), estate planning and administration and healthcare law. Mr. Zuckerman is also a certified public accountant.
Managing Partner, McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC
Daniel Posternock is Managing Shareholder of McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC, a highly successful and versatile law firm serving residents and businesses of Southern New Jersey and the Philadelphia region. Mr. Posternock's particular areas of concentration include: Resolving Business and Real Estate Disputes through Litigation Mediation and/or Arbitration, Residential and Commercial Real Estate, Consumer Protection, and Personal Injury.
Continuing Education Units
C4CM provides audio conference attendees with CLE credit processing services. To expedite C4CM processing your CLE request, please complete and submit the evaluation form available from C4CM at the conclusion of the audio conference. It will be necessary to enter the following information: name of each attorney requesting CLEs with full contact information, including e-mail address, bar number, and the state in which the attorney wants credits. Each attorney requesting credits must submit an evaluation.
Please be advised C4CM audio conferences are subject to approval from each CLE issuing organization and approval is not guaranteed (state bar associations in Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania do not grant CLE credits for audio conferences). The approval process takes approximately 6 – 8 weeks for most organizations but can take as long as 3 – 4 months. You will be notified via e-mail with the final status of your CLE application.
Any person applying for CLE credits must attend the audio conference from start to finish (attendance will be taken for compliance reasons). Requests for CLE credits must be received no later than two weeks following the conclusion of the audio conference or live conference. CLE credits are not available for CD recordings.
If you have any questions regarding CLE credits, contact Jill Adler at 631.368.2082 x 21 or firstname.lastname@example.org.