This webinar details best management practices for when and how to track, allocate, transfer and transition origination credit for partner compensation in firms having objective, subjective and combination formula compensation systems.
- Defining Client and Matter Origination
- Origination Credits as Incentives for Developing Client Business:
- Client Origination
- Client Maintenance Credit
- Matter Proliferation credit
- Responsible Partner Credit
- Production Partner Credit
- Methods for Tracking Origination Credits for New Clients and New Matters from Existing Clients
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Tracking Origination Credits
- Duration of Origination Credit: Permanent Credit vs. Origination Credit for a Limited time
Our expert faculty will also explore key strategies for addressing today’s most hot-button issues surrounding origination credit and partner compensation, including :
- Sharing of Origination Credit When a Matter Is Outside the Originating Lawyers Expertise or Skill Set,
- Sharing of Origination Credit for Partner Billing/Management of a Matter, and
- Sharing of Origination Credit when the Originating Attorney Is No Longer the Clients ‘Go-To’ Contact at the Firm.
Plus, by the end of this information-packed session, you’ll also know:
- Approaches for Sharing of Origination Credit
- Non-financial Incentives for Successfully Originating Clients and Matters
- Approaches for Making Changes in Origination Credit
- Transitioning Origination Credit from Senior Partners to Other Members of the Firm, i.e., Pros and Cons of Inheriting Origination Credit
Product ID: 17839
Plus, you get our top-selling best practice guide, Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – a $249 value – FREE!
This comprehensive guide explores the problems firms encounter before, during, and after implementing origination and cross-selling credits within the compensation system.
- Challenges for Modern Day Law Firms
- Developing Your Compensation System
- Understanding the Different Types of Origination
- Origination and Cross-Selling Credits within the Compensation System of a Law Firm
- Prepare for Changes in Origination Credit
- Monitoring Your Origination and Cross-Selling Credits
- How to Teach Your Attorneys to Cross-Sell
- Fitting Attorneys Into Proper Roles in the Firm
- Developing a Customized Model of Performance
So, don’t delay! Order your copy of this information-packed webinar and get Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – absolutely FREE!
Learn How to Track, Encourage, Weight, and Assign Origination Credit!Order my recording now
Joel A. Rose
Certified Management Consultant and President, Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc.
Joel A. Rose is a Certified Management Consultant and President of Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc., management consultants to the legal profession. Mr. Rose has extensive experience consulting with private law firms, corporate law departments and government agencies.
Peter R. Spirgel serves as the firm’s Chairman of the Board. He counsels businesses on taxation, shareholder issues, financing transactions – including Crowdfunding and other forms of private offerings – and mergers and acquisitions, and individuals in the area of Federal, State and Estate tax planning. He regularly counsels privately-held companies and their principals on general business issues, capital raising and exit strategies.
Benjamin A. Levin
Managing Partner, Hyland Levin LLP
Benjamin A. Levin is the managing partner of the firm. He represents global food manufacturers, national franchise companies and serves as outside general counsel to several companies based in the Mid-Atlantic region. Known for being an outstanding problem-solver, Ben is a highly experienced and trusted attorney who cares deeply for his clients and has tremendous respect for the legal profession.