This webinar details best management practices for when and how to track, allocate, transfer and transition origination credit for partner compensation in firms having objective, subjective and combination formula compensation systems.
- Defining Client and Matter Origination
- Origination Credits as Incentives for Developing Client Business:
- Client Origination
- Client Maintenance Credit
- Matter Proliferation credit
- Responsible Partner Credit
- Production Partner Credit
- Methods for Tracking Origination Credits for New Clients and New Matters from Existing Clients
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Tracking Origination Credits
- Duration of Origination Credit: Permanent Credit vs. Origination Credit for a Limited time
Our expert faculty will also explore key strategies for addressing today’s most hot-button issues surrounding origination credit and partner compensation, including :
- Sharing of Origination Credit When a Matter Is Outside the Originating Lawyers Expertise or Skill Set,
- Sharing of Origination Credit for Partner Billing/Management of a Matter, and
- Sharing of Origination Credit when the Originating Attorney Is No Longer the Clients ‘Go-To’ Contact at the Firm.
Plus, by the end of this information-packed session, you’ll also know:
- Approaches for Sharing of Origination Credit
- Non-financial Incentives for Successfully Originating Clients and Matters
- Approaches for Making Changes in Origination Credit
- Transitioning Origination Credit from Senior Partners to Other Members of the Firm, i.e., Pros and Cons of Inheriting Origination Credit
Product ID: 11747
Plus, you get our top-selling best practice guide, Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – a $249 value – FREE!
This comprehensive guide explores the problems firms encounter before, during, and after implementing origination and cross-selling credits within the compensation system.
- Challenges for Modern Day Law Firms
- Developing Your Compensation System
- Understanding the Different Types of Origination
- Origination and Cross-Selling Credits within the Compensation System of a Law Firm
- Prepare for Changes in Origination Credit
- Monitoring Your Origination and Cross-Selling Credits
- How to Teach Your Attorneys to Cross-Sell
- Fitting Attorneys Into Proper Roles in the Firm
- Developing a Customized Model of Performance
So, don’t delay! Order your copy of this information-packed webinar and get Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – absolutely FREE!
Learn How to Track, Encourage, Weight, and Assign Origination Credit!Get it on demand now
Brian Kennel is an experienced management consultant with more than 20 years of experience in law firm and professional firm management and consulting. As owner of PerformLaw, he works with law firms and their leadership teams in a number of different areas. As a former legal administrator for a large commercial law firm, Brian understands the opportunities and challenges that exist in law firms. His experience also includes building and selling a law firm management services company to a Fortune 500 Company.
James A. Loeffler
CPA, CFE, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, CEO, LegalEye
Jim has over twenty years of financial, operational and information technology experience, which includes leadership roles with Ernst & Young LLP (EY), Campbell Soup Company and MBNA America (Bank of America). He founded LegalEye® in 2005 with the mission of helping businesses and the law firms that serve them reduce and control legal costs and the processes and risks that drive them. As a CPA, Jim has developed and implemented scalable data mining and analysis protocols, financial reporting structures and data visualization solutions that engage diverse groups of stakeholders.