This CLE webinar offers legal counsel practical tips and best practice strategies on how to avoid common pitfalls in drafting and negotiating bad boy guaranties.
- Types of non-recourse carve outs and how to draft them
- Legal and practical ramifications for the guarantor of a defaulted loan under a carve-out guaranty
- Key strategies for avoiding and resolving disputes involving these provisions
- Best practices for analyzing operative provisions in bad-boy guaranties
- Recent court cases and how courts generally interpret or enforce “bad boy” guaranties
- Specific events that will trigger limited liability
- Strategies for resolving disputes in bankruptcy
- The operative provisions of “springing recourse” and bad-boy guaranties
- Common enforceability issues and how to avoid them
Product ID: 17372
Learn Key Strategies for Avoiding and Resolving Disputes Involving these ProvisionsOrder my recording now
Lorne W. McDougall
Partner, Locke Lord LLP
Lorne McDougall is a Partner in the Firm's Real Estate Department and is resident in the Boston office. He advises lenders, developers, entrepreneurs, funds and investors in connection with the acquisition, disposition, ownership, use, financing, development, construction, and leasing of commercial real estate. Mr. McDougall has been a member of various Senior Management Committees of the firm for over 10 years.