Find out how to ensure your I-9 practices are in compliance in this information-packed webinar. Our leading employment law expert will teach you how to get your records and practices up-to-date now so you can stay in compliance, stay out of court, and avoid hefty fines.
- Step-by-step overview of the NEW “Smart” Form I-9 with built-in help, drop down menus, pop-up informational icons and error-checking capabilities
- Record retention: Pre and Post audit notification
- Steps to perform an internal I-9 review process to examine your company’s processes
- Awareness training for personnel who handle I-9s
- Policies and procedures for acceptable documentation
- The latest on the use of electronic forms and proper record keeping/storage
- Penalties for non-compliance
- I-9s and independent contractors: who’s responsible?
- Strategies for when you do not have I-9s for all current employees and no supporting document copies
- If you hire employees from outside the US for overseas contracts, do you need to complete an I-9?
- Anti-discrimination provision: Are you in violation?
- When you must re-verify, and when re-verification is not needed
- Your liability when contracting out work
You’ll also learn the critical answers to such “need-to-know” questions, like:
- Which form should your organization be using?
- Which documents are acceptable?
- What are the penalties for incorrect I-9s?
- Are you required to cross-check documents in a national database?
- What are the best practices to spot and correct common mistakes that could lead to serious fines and criminal penalties?
- What should I do if I receive a “no match” letter from Social Security?
Product ID: 10210
Plus, you get the top-selling guide, Record Retention Compliance & Best Practices – a $249 value – absolutely FREE!
This comprehensive, 55 page guide gives you all the guidance and support materials you and your managers need to ensure record retention compliance including:
- Benefits of a Quality Records Retention Program
- What Is an Effective Records Program?
- Records Retention is a Company-Wide Project
- Creating a Successful Program
- Litigation Holds
- Implementation Of Your Retention Policy
- You Can Retain Too Much
- Going Paperless
- Medical Records
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to 25 extra pages of sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Suggested Retention Guidelines
- The FLSA Fact Sheet
- The FMLA Forms
- Sample Record Retention and Destruction Policy
- Record Retention Policy Checklist
So, don’t delay! Ensure compliance TODAY and get Record Retention Compliance & Best Practices absolutely FREE! You save $249.00!
Learn How to Ensure Your I-9 Practices Are in Compliance!Register for my webinar now
David C. Whitlock
Dave has over 25 years of experience in business immigration, compliance, employment counseling, and training. In addition, Dave has extensive experience handling employment-related visa work, including both temporary and permanent visa cases, as well as advice regarding compliance with the I-9, discrimination, and document abuse provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and litigation arising under that statute. He is a frequent lecturer and presenter on immigration and compliance topics and best practices in employment-related topics.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”