During this information-packed webinar, you will learn:
- How to determine state withholding liability
- How reciprocal agreements affect taxation of wages
- How state exemptions or credits affect withholding
- How to handle income and unemployment insurance taxation for employees working in multiple states
- How to determine who is a resident
- Which states follow the Internal Revenue Code and which version
Plus, our expert faculty will guide you through:
- Resident and nonresident taxation policies
- Income and unemployment taxation of Fringe benefits
- Supplemental withholding rates
- The four factor test for state unemployment insurance
- Withholding requirements when an employee is in a state temporarily
- Which states require the use of their own Withholding Allowance Certificate, which states allow either theirs or the Form W-4, and which states don’t have a form
- Reporting wages for multistate employees on Form W-2
Product ID: 20179
Plus, you get the NEW and EXCLUSIVE guide – HR, Payroll, and the New Tax Laws: What Employers Need To Know – a $97 value – FREE!
This report takes a provision-by-provision look at how employers and their employees are affected by the TCJA and will cover changes and impacts related to:
• Withholding and W-4 implications
• Fringe benefits
• Paid family leave
• Equity grants
• Unreimbursed employee expenses
• Sexual harassment awards
• Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• Qualified retirement plans
Plus, each section will end with action tips that provide steps you need to take to comply with the provisions of the legislation.
Ensure Your Multistate Reporting Procedures Are Correct and Compliant!Get it on demand now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.50 RCH by attending!