During this practical webinar, you will learn how to apply data-driven methods to the selection of outside counsel, and how to use cost-effective information gathering to reduce costs and resolve cases quicker.
- How legal analytics makes the outside counsel selection process more objective
- How to apply data for a better understanding of the type of team you really need
- Moneyball methods to help you identify firms that have the ideal knowledge and skill sets for your desired outcomes
- Methods to calculate the success probability based on criteria like jurisdiction, judge, plaintiff counsel and matter type
- How to avoid ‘bet the company’ syndrome where you hire only the priciest/most prestigious lawyers
- Which historical data will help you determine the best counsel for more repetitive matters like employment and product liability litigation
- How to drill down for a better understanding of tendencies and behavior patterns of a firm
- How data analytics can be used to define ‘value’ so everyone is on the same field
Product ID: 7960
Discover How Using Data-Driven Methods for Litigation Can Reduce Costs & Resolve Cases Quicker!Get it on demand now
Senior Manager, Legal Operations Business Performance, TE Connectivity
James L. Michalowicz is the Senior Manager – Legal Operations Business Performance for TE Connectivity based in Berwyn, PA. He serves as the law department’s leader for the company’s TE Operating Advantage and Extraordinary Customer Experience programs. His areas of expertise include litigation management, eDiscovery, information governance and law department operations management.
Vice President, Senior Corporate Counsel & Manager, Liberty Mutual Group
Senior Corporate Counsel and Manager in the Legal Strategic Services organization. Legal Strategic Services is an organization that supports the Corporate Legal Department and the Strategic Business Operations. Manager of the Legal Ideation & Transformation group. The group focuses on Legal Innovation, Competitive Intelligence, Legal Project Management, Law Library, Knowledge Management, Legal Vendor Management and a range of other Litigation Management related issues.
The Counsel Management Group, LLC
Fred Paulmann (JD/MBA) is the founder of The Counsel Management Group, LLC, an advisory and data analysis firm dedicated to helping corporate legal departments and law firms achieve greater value with respect to legal services. He specializes in Legal Department Operations, Preferred Law Firm Program Governance, alternative fee arrangements, and financial metrics / processes to improve performance. Fred and his team have successfully served clients across the Fortune 500 list, as well as medium and smaller sized companies beyond.