During this 75-minute session, you will learn best practices, and lessons learned in safe patient handling and nurse injury prevention, including:
- Key principles of safe patient handling
- How skill mix, staff turnover and workload intensity correlate with safety culture
- American Nurses Association’s Handle with Care® initiative
- How to improve staff perceptions of safety culture (for better nursing unit performance)
- Proven methods to implement a safe patient handling and movement program
- How to use outcome data to gain support for a safe patient handling program
- When nurse/patient ratios are the real issue
- Ergonomics and room design considerations
- Three action your organizations should do today to protect its nurses
Product ID: 5862
Protecting the Health and Safety of Your Nursing Staff Protects the Health and Safety of Your Patients!Order my recording now
Betty Z. Bogue
R.N., B.S.N., President, Prevent, Inc.
Betty Z. Bogue is president of Prevent, Inc., a registered nurse-led safe handling development service that provides healthcare organizations with the resources, support, training, and mentoring needed to integrate the use of handling devices to lift, transfer, and reposition their clients safely.