During this power-packed session, our expert faculty will examine the most current factors affecting millennial associate attrition and how to quell the exodus, including:
- Specific non-monetary rewards that are certain to improve job satisfaction
- Why tiered compensation works for millennials, and how to structure it properly
- Details on the types of alternative compensation models firms are using and how these alternatives compensate millennial associates
- Beyond compensation increases, how to use workplace flexibility and technology to retain millennial associates
- Types of goals and initiatives to set forth for millennial lawyers, and how to reward achievements
Plus, you will learn:
- Surprising attitudes millennial lawyers have about total compensation
- Who millennial lawyers are, and how they differ from other generations in terms of pay
- Common misconceptions and truths about millennials lawyers
- Mentoring, evaluations, and feedback tips that emphasize professionalism and increase associate self sufficiency
Product ID: 20127
Learn Key Strategies for Effectively Compensating & Managing this Growing Generation of Lawyers!Order my recording now
Millennial Lawyer Consultant
JP Box is a lawyer-turned-entrepreneur, consultant, and author. JP’s consulting practice focuses on helping law firms understand the Millennial mindset to unlock the talents and passion of a new generation of attorneys. JP is the author of the book, The Millennial Lawyer: How Your Firm Can Motivate and Retain Young Associates, published by the American Bar Association in 2018. He has also written about Millennials in the law for numerous publications, including Law Practice Today, Law Technology Today, and The Colorado Lawyer.
President , Change Point Consulting
Patrick Kelly is the founder and President of Change Point Consulting, a company that helps organizations create authentic cultures for today’s world. He began his career in the corporate world as a consultant for a global real estate organization, working with business owners all over the world. Through his tenure, Patrick began to see common issues arise: the struggles of what lacking an authentic culture built for today’s ever-changing world will do to limit the ability to attract, retain, and engage great employees. Through Change Point, Patrick works with companies to get beyond generational stereotypes, understand the larger changes affecting the workplace, and learn how to use culture to engage your customers and attract better talent.
Continuing Education Units
C4CM provides audio conference attendees with CLE credit processing services. To expedite C4CM processing your CLE request, please complete and submit the evaluation form available from C4CM at the conclusion of the audio conference. It will be necessary to enter the following information: name of each attorney requesting CLEs with full contact information, including e-mail address, bar number, and the state in which the attorney wants credits. Each attorney requesting credits must submit an evaluation.
Please be advised C4CM audio conferences are subject to approval from each CLE issuing organization and approval is not guaranteed (state bar associations in Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania do not grant CLE credits for audio conferences). The approval process takes approximately 6 – 8 weeks for most organizations but can take as long as 3 – 4 months. You will be notified via e-mail with the final status of your CLE application.
Any person applying for CLE credits must attend the audio conference from start to finish (attendance will be taken for compliance reasons). Requests for CLE credits must be received no later than two weeks following the conclusion of the audio conference or live conference. CLE credits are not available for CD recordings.
If you have any questions regarding CLE credits, contact Jill Adler at 631.368.2082 x 21 or firstname.lastname@example.org.