This comprehensive webinar explores the benefits and risks of delegation, then outlines the seven specific steps required to successfully delegate any project or task.
During this must-attend program, you will learn how to:
- Choose the best person for the assignment,
- Achieve the results you expect, and
- Avoiding the most dangerous delegation pitfalls.
Plus, our expert faculty will explore:
- Why managers frequently feel nervous about delegating
- How to tailor your delegation style to the employee’s level of readiness
- The “why, what, who and how” of effective delegation
- Understanding the difference between dictating, dumping, and delegating
- Seven specific steps for successfully delegating anything
- Using strategic delegation to develop, motivate, and retain employees
- How to choose the right person for a delegated assignment
- Assessing delegation readiness: how do your employees rate?
- Strategies for preventing costly and unexpected “surprises”
- Quick Quiz: What’s your preferred “delegation style”?
- Recognizing the characteristics of an effective delegator
- How effective delegation can help to boost your career
- How to handle “reverse delegation” and “boomerang employees”
- On the receiving end: how to have delegation discussions with your boss
Product ID: 2997
Plus, you get the best practice guide, Effective Delegation: Strategies to Improve Performance and Productivity – a $269 value – FREE!
Jam-packed with “how-to” guidance, this comprehensive, 61 page guide provides field-tested techniques to motivate, communicate, and get more done every day, including:
- Why People Don’t Delegate
- What to Expect When Delegating
- When to Delegate
- Identify what can – and can’t – be delegated effectively
- Project Timelines
- SMART delegation
- Who to Delegate to
- How to Delegate
- Managing Delegation Process
- Results of Delegation
- Common Challenges
It’s a $269 value – yours FREE!
Discover How to Improve Results, "Grow" Employees, & Boost Your Career!Order my recording now
Marie G. McIntyre, Ph.D.
Your Office Coach
Marie G. McIntyre, Ph.D., writes a nationwide newspaper column, Your Office Coach, and is the author of two books: Secrets to Winning at Office Politics and The Management Team Handbook. Her advice has appeared in Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Canadian Business, CNBC.com, and many other publications. Some of Marie's leadership development, career coaching, and teambuilding clients include Home Depot, AT&T, Cisco, Tyson Foods, Lowe's, The Weather Channel and Prudential.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”