- Concrete examples of alternative fee arrangements that work in litigation
- How to decide which cases are good candidates for AFAs — best practices for case analysis
- Tips to effectively price legal services in litigation matters
- How to evaluate the potential financial gain (and risk) of using alternative fees
- Troubleshoot common issues that arise when implementing alternative fee arrangements
- How identifying client needs help you design a mutually beneficial AFA
- How to foster the necessary communication with clients in crafting an AFA
- Coming up with the ideal arrangement — crucial elements you must include in fixed fee agreements – risk sharing, flexibility
- Once you’ve got the AFA for the matter, how to make sure that you remain profitable
Product ID: 6536
Find Out How to Incorporate AFAs for Your Litigation Matters, and How to Avoid Pitfalls Along the Way!Get it on demand now
Senior Director of Client Value, Perkins Coie LLP
As Senior Director of Client Value, Keith Maziarek works with clients’ legal operations executives to establish strategic pricing arrangements and implement customized communication/collaboration tools and efficiency solutions. Keith previously served as Head of Strategic Pricing for DLA Piper, focused on the practice in the Americas.
Vincent J. Cordo JR.
Global Director Client Value, Reed Smith
Vince serves as the global director of client value for Reed Smith. He leads the firm’s strategy related to the evaluation and implementation of value pricing, alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) and legal project management (LPM). He is responsible for organizing efficient and talented teams of professionals to align project management and process improvement with business drivers, while assigning resources, tools and tactics to satisfy both business and client needs.