In just one-hour, you’ll gain up-to-the minute guidance on the ins and outs of the laws surrounding job-protected leave and how to protect your organization from potentially damaging — and costly — legal action.
Our experienced employment law attorneys will discuss legal and effective strategies for:
- Navigating difficult performance and termination decisions
- Understanding how the FMLA, ADA and state workers’ compensation leave laws intersect
- Handling performance issues and avoiding retaliation claims
- Documenting performance issues and disciplinary actions
- Avoiding retaliation claims
During this practical, compliance focused session, you will learn:
- How employers can legally respond to employee-leave abuse
- The most common leave/termination issues that land employers in court
- When and how to discipline or discharge an employee on leave
- What you can and cannot do when an employee is on Workers Comp
- How to avoid retaliation/discrimination claims under FMLA, ADA or workers’ comp
- Tips to test if your terminations are legally sound
- When you can (and cannot) terminate an employee on leave
- How courts evaluate timing issues in retaliation cases
- Documentation guidelines to help keep your organization in compliance
Product ID: 13821
Plus, you get the NEW and EXCLUSIVE eLearning module – Terminating Employees Legally – a $59 value – FREE!
This high-impact, bite-sized module explores effective strategies that protect your organization when terminating employees, including:
- Types of Termination
- 5 Step Process
- Key Parts to the Process
This is your step-by-step guide to mastering this difficult and legally challenging task!
Learn the Ins and Outs of the Laws Surrounding Job-Protected Leave!Register for my webinar now
Counsel, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Karen Vossler represents domestic and international employers in a variety of industries across the spectrum of employment law matters. Drawing from a wealth of both in-house and private practice experience, she has the business acumen to strategically partner with clients to deliver pragmatic, specific and creative legal solutions to employment and labor related challenges. She has particular expertise in helping companies manage complex employment issues through large corporate transitions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and workforce restructuring. In addition, Ms. Vossler supports global companies with cross-border employment concerns.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”