In just 75-minutes, our expert faculty will review legal issues implicated in the sale and use of legal and medical marijuana, including:
- Current regulatory compliance structures (what federal enforcement looks like)
- Medical vs. recreational marijuana and why it matters to clients
- Caveat language to include in all client communications
- Important banking laws that affect every cannabis-related business
- Additional legal considerations (criminal defense, contracts, tax, securities, municipal litigation, and real estate) for marijuana businesses
- Firm malpractice insurance considerations
- Ethics and cannabis (relevant ABA and state bar ethics opinions and rules)
- Typical barriers to entry for licensees/registrants
Product ID: 6532
Plus, you get the exclusive guide, Marijuana in the Workplace: Employer Guidelines for Navigating the Legal Haze of Medical and Recreational Use – a $247 value – absolutely FREE!
This essential guide is designed to arm you with the knowledge of how to mold your organization’s hiring, drug testing, disciplinary, and safety policies to be compliant and properly documented.
- Marijuana at Work: What Employers Need to Know
- Medical Marijuana and the Law
- Us Department of Transport
- Federal Contractors
- Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Recreational Marijuana
- Marijuana In The Workplace
- Medical Marijuana During Office Hours
- Amendments to Work Tasks / Responsibilities and / or Employment Hours
- Other Employees
- Refusal of the Request
- Legal Aspects
- Right to Privacy
- Discipline Issues
- Multistate Employers
- Sample Marijuana Policy
- Introduction / Purpose/ Intent of the Program
- Employees Covered By The Policy
- Prohibited Behavior
- Unsafe Job Performance
- Drug Testing
- Medical Marijuana Users
- Recreational Use of Marijuana
- Employee Confidentiality
- Policy Enforcement
- Employee Agreement
- List of States that Have Legalized Medical Marijuana
- List of States with Pending Legislation in 2015
Learn How to Navigate the Legal Haze of Medical and Recreational Marijuana Use!Get it on demand now
Matthew R. Abel
Attorney at Law, Cannabis Counsel®, P.L.C
Matthew Abel has been a criminal defense lawyer in Michigan for 29 years, and is Executive Director of Michigan NORML. Matthew founded Cannabis Counsel, P.L.C., a five-attorney Detroit, Michigan law firm entirely devoted to cannabis clients and cases, providing both business advice and legal counseling as well as criminal defense in marijuana cases throughout Michigan. Since passage of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act in 2008, the practice has rapidly grown to include not only business clients and issues, but also employment, drug testing, probation, family law, contract, real estate, landlord-tenant, and other issues surrounding cannabis.
Continuing Education Units
C4CM provides audio conference attendees with CLE credit processing services. To expedite C4CM processing your CLE request, please complete and submit the evaluation form available from C4CM at the conclusion of the audio conference. It will be necessary to enter the following information: name of each attorney requesting CLEs with full contact information, including e-mail address, bar number, and the state in which the attorney wants credits. Each attorney requesting credits must submit an evaluation.
Please be advised C4CM audio conferences are subject to approval from each CLE issuing organization and approval is not guaranteed (state bar associations in Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania do not grant CLE credits for audio conferences). The approval process takes approximately 6 – 8 weeks for most organizations but can take as long as 3 – 4 months. You will be notified via e-mail with the final status of your CLE application.
Any person applying for CLE credits must attend the audio conference from start to finish (attendance will be taken for compliance reasons). Requests for CLE credits must be received no later than two weeks following the conclusion of the audio conference or live conference. CLE credits are not available for CD recordings.
If you have any questions regarding CLE credits, contact Jill Adler at 631.368.2082 x 21 or email@example.com.