In this power-packed program our expert panel delves into how constructing a lateral compensation offer that is fair and balanced, and better aligns with firm strategy will improve your firm’s long-term success rate.
- Strategies for conducting economic due diligence that is collaborative, honest and forward-looking (past and future performance)
- Why so many lateral hires fail
- Setting reasonable financial expectations, including the transaction ramp up
- Building worst case projections into compensation
- Handling of base comp, buy-backs, covenants, clawbacks, and walk-outs
- Understanding the true cost of lateral compensation, (firm culture/ risk tolerance)
- Assessing the strategic value and portability of the lateral lawyer’s book of clients
- Why guarantees are antiquated and how to craft performance-based agreements instead
- Beyond compensation- what makes laterals stay
Product ID: 17574
Overcome the Challenges Firms Face with Lateral Acquisitions!Get it on demand now
Joel A. Rose
Certified Management Consultant and President, Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc.
Joel A. Rose is a Certified Management Consultant and President of Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc., management consultants to the legal profession. Mr. Rose has extensive experience consulting with private law firms, corporate law departments and government agencies.
Chief Operating Officer, Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
Ann Rainhart is the Chief Operating Officer at Briggs and Morgan and is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. She works closely with firm leadership on strategy and operations and oversees the firm’s administrative departments. Prior to joining Briggs, Ann was a key member of the Faegre Baker Daniels operations team. In her role as Chief Talent Officer, Ann worked with the firm’s management board and executive committee around strategies for retention, development and feedback for the firm’s 750+ lawyers, consultants and professionals, and collaborated with other administrative department leaders in key areas of business operations.