On February 2nd, you will learn the nuts and bolts of the Administrator’s Interpretation (“AI”) and get the answers to your most pressing questions like:
- What is the legal reach of the AI, and its enforcement strength?
- What are the penalties and exposure under the FLSA for misclassification?
- What are some additional risks and penalties that could result from a misclassification finding?
- What steps should employers take regarding independent contractors, freelancers and other non-employee workers?
Employment law expert, Chris Caiaccio of Ogletree Deakins, will also explore:
- In-depth analysis of the AI
- Analysis of how this approach to the economic realities test varies from current usage and how it doesn’t
- Understand the key points the AI raises in each of the six factors in the test; and
- Recent decisions analyzing working relationships according to the economic realities test and key facts relied on by the courts in making their determination of employee or independent contractor status.
Product ID: 9391
You also get the top-selling guide, FLSA Compliance: Your Practical Guide to Overtime Exemptions and Wage and Hour Law – a $349 value – absolutely FREE!
Jam-packed with compliance guidelines, this practical, 185 page guide provides easy-to-understand guidance for:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Overview
- Basic Wage Standards
- Who is Covered?
- Employee Rights
- Overtime Pay
- Nursing Mothers
- Recordkeeping, Reporting, Notices and Posters
- Equal Pay Provisions
- Commonly Used Exemptions
- Salary Basis Requirement and the Part 541 Exemptions Under the FLSA
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to 42 extra pages of sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Frequently Asked Questions on:
- New Overtime Rule
- Furloughs and Other Reductions in Pay and Hours Worked Issues
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers
- Consolidated State Minimum Wage Update Table (Effective Date: 01/01/2012)
- Comparing the Tests for:
- Executive Employees
- Administrative Employees
- Professional Employees
- Computer Employees
- Outside Sales Employees
- Model Salary Basis Policy
- State Labor Offices Contact Information
- FLSA Poster
So, don’t delay! Place your order TODAY for this information-packed webinar and get FLSA Compliance: Your Practical Guide to Overtime Exemptions and Wage and Hour Law absolutely FREE! You save $349.00!
Learn How to Comply with the DOL’s FLSA Administrative Initiative for Independent Contractors!Order my recording now
Counsel, Ogletree Deakins
Chris Caiaccio has been practicing exclusively in the area of labor and employment his entire legal career. He works with companies of all sizes to assist with labor relations and human resources issues including employment discrimination, non-compete agreements, employment contracts, sexual harassment, and wage and hour issues, among other things.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.