This information-packed webinar will help you master the three A’ s you need to combat and transform negative, disrespectful behavior and make your workplace a happier, more productive place. You will learn practical steps to:
- Assess the problem,
- Address the instigators, and
- Ax out the behavior once, and for all.
This comprehensive, content-rich session provides realistic solutions for improving workplace behavior and shifting company culture in a healthier direction. You will learn:
- The real impact of incivility on your organization
- Key contributors to workplace incivility
- Tools to measure how serious organizational incivility is at your workplace
- Strategies to mitigate the staggering costs associated with incivility
- 5 steps to halt the contagion and return to civility
- What to include in a formal ‘ code of conduct’ and how it can help mitigate incivility
- Specific techniques to mitigate bad behavior during all phases of employee interaction (recruiting/orientation/evaluation/termination)
- Which behavioral consequences for bad behavior have the biggest impact
Product ID: 6622
Plus, you get the top-selling guide, Difficult People at Work: Co-working & Management Strategies for a More Productive Workplace – a $349 value – absolutely FREE!
Jam-packed with “ how-to” strategies for nipping conflict in the bud, this comprehensive, 96 page guide provides practical guidance, including:
- Identifying and Understanding the 9 Most Difficult Personality Types
- Whiners / Complainers
- Gossips / Tattle-tales
- Effective Procedures and Actionable Strategies for Handling Difficult Employees
- Research and Evaluate the Behavior
- Objective vs. Subjective Feedback
- Determine Root Cause of Behavior
- Map Out Consequences
- Improvement Plans and Follow-ups
- Coaching Difficult Employees
- When Termination is the Solution
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to 30 extra pages of sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Checklist for Difficult People Procedures
- Elements of a Written Summary of a Verbal Disciplinary Discussion
- Sample—Documenting a Verbal Warning
- Elements of a Written Warning
- Written Warning
- Follow-up Plan for Modifying Behavior
- Discipline Documentation Form
- Non-verbal Behaviors and their Meanings
- Best Ways to Deal with Different Types of People
- Dealing with Difficult People: Learning to Fight Back… on Your Terms
- Bullying in the Workplace: What Is It and What Can You do?
- Stop Playing “ The Blame Game” : Finding Solutions Rather than Finding Fault
So, don’ t delay! Order your power-packed webinar and get the essential guide, Difficult People at Work: Co-working & Management Strategies for a More Productive Workplace, absolutely FREE! You save $349!
Discover How to Combat & Transform Negative, Disrespectful Behavior Once & for All!Get it on demand now
President, PointMaker Communications
Jackie Kellso, President of PointMaker Communications, Inc., is the “Retrain Your Brain” expert. Her motto is Be Your Point. Applying neuroscience to her coaching and training, Jackie helps her clients challenge their old beliefs, out-dated habits and antiquated ways of thinking and communicating. Jackie’s methodology yields an improved self-image, stronger communication and interpersonal skills and as a result, successful outcomes.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”