This information-packed webinar explores the complex rules and regulations to designate an employee exempt under the FLSA and covers the proper methods for paying exempt employees as required by the FLSA.
- What is exempt—exactly
- What are the categories of exempt employees under the FLSA
- What constitutes being an executive, administrative or professional in terms of job duties
- Who is actually considered outside sales
- How is the highly compensated exemption applied
- Salary Level Test—The latest from DOL on upgrading salary level and job duties tests for exempt employees
- What is salary basis
- When you can and when you cannot dock the pay of an exempt employees
- Where do the states stand on exempt
Product ID: 16417
Plus, you get the exclusive guide, Reclassifying Exempt Employee: Tips, Tools, and Techniques to Ensure Wage and Hour Compliance – a $267 value – FREE!
This essential, guide is jam-packed with the tips, tools, and techniques you need to ensure wage and hour compliance.
- Key Reasons for Reclassification
- Reasons to Do an Exempt Status Audit
- What to Do in an Exempt Status Audit
- Gather the Facts and Consider the State and Federal Law
- The Job on the Cusp: What Do You Do If a Position Is Not Clearly Exempt or Nonexempt?
- Issues with Reclassification
- Handling Reclassification With and Without Back Pay
- Implement the Changes
Plus, this essential guides also provides you with detailed information on:
- Exemptions for Executive, Administrative, Professional, Computer and Outside Sales Employees Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Salary Basis Requirement and the Part 541 Exemptions Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Take the Guesswork Out of Identifying and Paying Exempt Workers!Order my recording now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.50 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.