This comprehensive program covers:
- Why effective documentation practices matter to care and cost
- Examples of what effective documentation looks like
- A review of policies governing reimbursement of home health services and practical steps to help achieve payment for these services
- Important standards and principles of home care documentation
- Pros and cons of electronic documentation
- Examples of appropriate documentation relative to the coverage criteria under CMS
- A review of HH PPS final rule (79 FR 66032) documentation requirements
You’ll also learn best practice strategies and tips to:
- Minimize legal risks,
- Develop foolproof auditing and documentation systems, and
- Motivate nurses and clinicians to document completely and accurately.
Product ID: 5859
Discover How to Improve Patient Care & Easily Achieve Regulatory Compliance!Order my recording now
RN BSN PHN
Kathy Quan RN BSN PHN has been a nurse for over thirty-five years. The majority of her career has been in home health and hospice. She has been a field nurse, nursing supervisor, acting branch manager and QAPI specialist. Today she works part time for hospice as a QAPI specialist. Kathy is an award-winning author of six books including The Everything Guide to Caring for Aging Parents, which is based on her experience as a home health nurse and administrator. In 2004, Kathy became the last Guide to Nursing at About.com and has written for many other nursing and health care sites.