This practical webinar discusses the rules and regulations that must be followed when paying an employee for travel pay, including:
- What is travel pay,
- Best practices for handling the payments,
- How it affects overtime calculations,
- What’s required on the state level, and
- Requirements for taxing travel expenses under IRS rules.
During this compliance focused session, you will learn:
- Travel pay requirements—What you must pay for and why
- Best practices for paying travel pay correctly
- Which employees have to be paid…and when
- Payroll Compliance and travel pay issues—keeping wage and hour claims at bay
- What to do when federal and state laws conflict and handling multiple state conflict issues
- How travel pay affects overtime calculations—travel pay differences for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Special circumstances that may require travel payment
- What are per diems
- When travel payments are taxable
- Accountable and non-accountable plans
Product ID: 19992
Discover the Proper Steps NOW to Pay & Reimburse Employees Correctly!Get it on demand now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”