This practical webinar discusses the rules and regulations that must be followed when paying an employee for travel pay, including:
- What is travel pay,
- Best practices for handling the payments,
- How it affects overtime calculations,
- What’s required on the state level, and
- Requirements for taxing travel expenses under IRS rules.
During this compliance focused session, you will learn:
- Travel pay requirements—What you must pay for and why
- Best practices for paying travel pay correctly
- Which employees have to be paid…and when
- Payroll Compliance and travel pay issues—keeping wage and hour claims at bay
- What to do when federal and state laws conflict and handling multiple state conflict issues
- How travel pay affects overtime calculations—travel pay differences for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Special circumstances that may require travel payment
- What are per diems
- When travel payments are taxable
- Accountable and non-accountable plans
Product ID: 19595
Discover the Proper Steps NOW to Pay & Reimburse Employees Correctly!Order my recording now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.50 RCH by attending!
Receive 1.50 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live