In just 75 minutes you will learn:
- When you can legally request an exam and what requirements must be met
- The nuances and rules for pre-employment vs. return to work exams
- How ADA and FMLA apply and how to remain compliant
- Compliant employee notification practices
- Who pays for exams
- Methods for handling exam results that are not clear
- Hidden-disability issues and repercussions
- Essential information to provide the healthcare provider
- Best practices for post-exam reinstatements
- Confidentiality and privacy gotchas
Product ID: 5373
Find Out How to Navigate the Tricky Legal Maze of Rules Surrounding Fitness-for-Duty Exams!Order my recording now
Fiona W. Ong
Shawe Rosenthal, LLP
Fiona W. Ong defends employers in the areas of employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, and wage/hour regulation, both in court and before federal and state agencies. She prepares employee handbooks and personnel policies. She assists government contractors in complying with affirmative action obligations. She also provides advice to managers and human resources on a wide variety of personnel matters, and conducts training on harassment, reasonable accommodations, and other issues for both supervisors and employees.
Shawe Rosenthal, LLP
Parker Thoeni represents management in employment litigation in state and federal courts, and in administrative proceedings before federal, state, and local administrative bodies. Parker also provides advice and counsel to employers with regard to personnel matters, including discipline and discharge, as well as the development of policies and procedures.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”