Your policies are the front-line of your defense against legal action from your workforce. The language you use, and the provisions you include, can make or break a lawsuit — and may even stop disputes before they arise.
- EEO rules and why employers need anti-harassment, anti-retaliation and complaint provisions
- Paid leave laws, including the continuing trend of sick leave and paid parental leaves
- Predictions on the new NLRB’s priorities in employment policies
- Expansion of state and local protections for pregnant workers
In this informative presentation, our expert faculty will offer best practices and informative tips on updating your employee handbook to minimize your liability and protect your organization and your employees.
- Crucial elements and policies that your handbook must include, and guidance for other components to consider
- Latest in federal laws and regulations that require employee handbook updates
- Language matters: Best way to state policy and other issues in your handbook, and when – and how – to use flexible language
- Techniques for effectively communicating handbook updates so employees are aware of the changes
Product ID: 15837
Plus, you get our top-selling guide, Creating & Implementing an Effective Employee Handbook – a $347 value – absolutely FREE!
This comprehensive, 45 page guide gives you all the details, support materials and policy guidelines for communicating your organization’s rules, standards and benefits, including:
- Who Needs An Employee Handbook
- Advantages To Having An Employee Handbook
o Disadvantages To Having A Handbook
- Style and Format
o What Every Handbook Needs
- Common Handbook Mistakes
o Common Problem Areas in Handbooks
- Multi-State Employer Options
- Implementing Your Handbook
o Updating Your Handbook
This essential report also includes finger-tip access to sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Employee Handbook Updates
- Sample At-Will Statement
- Sample Acknowledgement Form
- Social Media Policy
- Sample Employee Handbook Table of Contents
So, don’t delay! Get access TODAY to Creating & Implementing an Effective Employee Handbook – absolutely FREE! You save $347!
Learn What to Include, What to Update, & What to Avoid!Get it on demand now
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Ms. Mesa is a partner in the Labor & Employment Department in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Her practice focuses on advising employers concerning various employment-related issues, including compliance with California and federal anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and leave laws, and other human resources practices, as well as negotiating and documenting employment and severance agreements.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”