This essential webinar explores best practice strategies and informative tips for updating your employee handbook to minimize your liability and protect your organization.
- EEO rules and why employers need anti-harassment, anti-retaliation and complaint provisions
- Paid leave laws, including FMLA
- Social media policies
- Legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes and what that means for employer drug-free policies
- The NLRB’s Purple Communications decision and its impact on policies related to usage of employer email and other communication systems
- No-solicitation policies and how the NLRB has narrowed the practical reach of such policies
- Confidentiality policies, including confidentiality of workplace investigations
- Audit and video recording in the workplace policies
- Off-duty employee access
- Speaking to the media policies
Plus, by the end of this critical program, you will know:
- Crucial elements and policies that your handbook must include, and guidance for other components to consider
- Latest in federal laws and regulations that require employee handbook updates
- Best practices for social media privacy and usage policies given NLRB’s stance on the issue
- Language matters: Best way to state policy and other issues in your handbook, and when – and how – to use flexible language
- Techniques for effectively communicating handbook updates so employees are aware of the changes
Product ID: 9040
You also get our top-selling guide, Creating & Implementing an Effective Employee Handbook – a $249 value – absolutely FREE!
This comprehensive, 41 page guide gives you all the details, support materials and policy guidelines for communicating your organization’s rules, standards and benefits, including:
- Who Needs An Employee Handbook
- Advantages To Having An Employee Handbook
o Disadvantages To Having A Handbook
- Style and Format
o What Every Handbook Needs
- Common Handbook Mistakes
o Common Problem Areas in Handbooks
- Multi-State Employer Options
- Implementing Your Handbook
o Updating Your Handbook
This essential report also includes finger-tip access to sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Employee Handbook Updates
- Sample At-Will Statement
- Sample Acknowledgement Form
- Social Media Policy
- Sample Employee Handbook Table of Contents
So, don’t delay! Get access TODAY to Creating & Implementing an Effective Employee Handbook – absolutely FREE! You save $249!
Learn What to Include, What to Update, & What to Avoid!Get it on demand now
Bryan P. O'Connor
Office Managing Principal, Seattle, Jackson Lewis P.C.
Bryan P. O’Connor is the Office Managing Principal in the Seattle, Washington, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He has practiced labor and employment law his entire legal career.
Mr. O'Connor serves in many different capacities depending upon client needs. He has advised and represented both large and small employers in all aspects of traditional labor law across numerous industries, including construction, manufacturing, retail, health care, utility, food distribution, and government-related services.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”