This comprehensive webinar guides you through the compliance landscape for employee expense reimbursements, and reviews the most recent legal and financial risks associated with them (with a special look at the IRS’s increased attention to employee related issues).
In just 75-minutes you will learn:
- Practical tips and techniques for developing legally compliant employee expense and reimbursement policies surrounding uniforms, travel, and incidental expenses
- Which tax rules apply (differences between accountable and non-accountable plans and how to choose the one that is right for your company)
- Which state and federal laws apply (including wage and hour rules)
- Real life recent cases that show what happens when a company gets it wrong
- Potential penalties, administrative actions and court actions related to reimbursement
- Best practices for reporting and handling company credit card reimbursements
- Specific wording that should appear in your company’s Reimbursement Policy
- Special considerations that apply to use of personal property
- The most common reimbursement frauds committed by employees, and how to avoid them
Product ID: 21866
Discover How to Bulletproof your Policies and Procedures!Order my recording now
Employment Tax Specialist
Mark Schwartz is an employment tax specialist and has over 10 years of employment tax experience as an independent consultant and as a payroll tax auditor with the State of California. He has managed an audit caseload of 20 ongoing audits, from small home-based businesses to large multi-national corporations. He is expert at defining regulatory and statutory requirements from local, State and Federal government agencies; and helping the average businessperson understand what that mean to their business.
Continuing Education Units
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.5 RCH by attending!
Receive 1.5 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live