In addition to a comprehensive overview of legal writing mechanics and style, you will learn how to recognize and correct:
- Poor structure/rambling
- Awkward sentences
- Grammar issues
- Passive voice
- Tone mistakes
Plus, you will learn crucial legal writing mechanics that every legal professional must know, including:
- How to compose a message in a clear and concise manner
- Ten most costly mistakes that lawyers make in written pleadings and briefs.
- Quick editing tips and techniques to use every time you put your fingers to the keys
- Language and style usage rules for legal writing and real-life examples of how to use them
- Examples of other lawyers legal writing snafus and how to avoid them
- The five major skills that good legal writers must develop
Product ID: 2916
Learn Effective Solutions You Can Use Today to Improve Your Legal Writing Style!Order my recording now
Barbara L. Deans, Esq.
Barbara L. Deans is a native Memphian. She graduated from White Station High School and went on to obtain her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Memphis. She received her Juris Doctor from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston Texas. Barbara is currently serving as an Assistant Public Defender on the Juvenile Defender Unit of the Public Defender’s Office. In her current capacity, she works to ensure the fair and equitable administration of justice to juveniles who find themselves before the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County.
Tiffany G. Johnson, Esq.
Founder, QP Legal
Tiffany G. Johnson a proud native of Memphis, TN. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Miami, studied English Literature at Oxford University in England, and graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. The highlight of her academic career was a clinical course in practical law, where she taught basic legal rights and practical life skills to inmates serving felony sentences at a D.C. correctional facility.