This comprehensive webinar explores why and when you should bundle edits, how to append modifiers, and what you need to determine medical necessity when claims are at risk. In just 75 minutes, you will learn:
- The latest changes in bundling guidelines
- Specifics tips, scenarios and expert advice on the most common modifiers to land coders in a sea of denials, audits, and fines; -25, -59 & -76.
- When it is appropriate to override an NCCI or MUE edit and what documentation is required to do so
- How to append modifiers when facing an NCCI edit
- Best practices to determine if documentation supports medical necessity
- How to apply 2014 changes to OPPS and NCCI
- Real life examples of medical necessity and the logic of NCCI
Product ID: 6050
Learn How to Ensure Your CPT Coders Are Using Modifiers Correctly!Order my recording now
CCS-P, CPC, PCS, Consulting Manager, Complete Practice Resources
Barbara Oviatt is the Consulting Manager for Complete Practice Resources (CPR). She is a certified outpatient coder with AHIMA and the AAPC and has over 18 years of management, instructional and technical experience in coding roles.