In just 75 minutes you will learn key strategies and best practice techniques for:
- Dealing with difficult patients (and their families) – strategies for front line staff
- Uncovering the root cause of their behavior, and
- Stopping the situation from escalating.
It’s difficult to maintain composure and resolve conflict appropriately when you’re faced with sticky healthcare situations. This interactive session will help you address challenging situations and end each encounter on a positive note.
- What makes a patient confrontational, and tips to uncover the source of their difficulty
- Tips for dealing with the most common types of difficult patients (manipulative, grieving, frequent-fliers, rude, angry, frightened)
- How to communicate calmly, keep your composure, and deal constructively with problem patients
- Word and phrases that will help you to diffuse the situation quickly
- Specific words and phrases that should be banned from every patient interaction
- How to tune-in to patients to gain their confidence and gather vital information
- Best methods to connect with a patient and make their visit less stressful
- Pointers for keeping your emotions out of patient interactions
- Critical steps to take if the situation escalates
- Crucial documentation techniques to protect your frontline staff and facility
Product ID: 6636
Your webinar includes the exclusive guide Handling Rude, Crude and Difficult Patients–a $187 value – FREE!
Jam-packed with “how-to” strategies for handling difficult patients (and their families), this exclusive guide explores:
- Healthcare Literacy and Emotional Intelligence
- Fight or Flight
- Patient Conflict
- Difficult Types
This essential guide also includes finger-tip access to:
- Quick Tips for Dealing with Rude, Crude and Difficult People
- Non-verbal Behaviors and Their Meanings
- Dealing with Difficult People: Learning to Fight Back… On Your Terms
- 10 Things to Avoid in Difficult Conversations
- 25 Helpful Phrases to Use When Having Difficult Conversations
Don’t delay! Learn how to handle rude, crude and difficult patients with key strategies for dealing with frightened, frustrated, and manipulative patients and families.
Learn Key Strategies for Dealing with Difficult Patients & Their Families!Get it on demand now
Amanda Hill is an attorney, writer, and speaker in Austin, Texas. She advises, counsels, and works on complex issues for physicians and practices. Amanda speaks to health care companies, hospitals, and businesses about improving patient satisfaction, improved communication, physician leadership, risk management issues, and overall motivation and staff longevity. A former General Counsel and Director of Patient and Provider Relations for a large multi-specialty medical clinic in Austin, Texas, she is very familiar with compliance, peer review, and in-house legal matters. She created an extensive training program for physicians called "The Physician's Academy" that dealt with physician marketing, efficiency, reducing burn-out, and dealing with difficult patients.