This quick and easy-to-get-through course will guide you through everything you need to know to ensure your background check policies and procedures are legal and effective, including:
- Why perform background checks?
- What You Can and Can’t Do
- Best Practices on What to Avoid
- How Far Back Should You Look?
- What to Do with the Results
- Outsourcing Background Checks
- FCRA Compliance – Steps Before and After the Background Check
- Credit Checks
- What to Expect from the FCRA
- Criminal Records
- Criminal Records and the EEOC
- When to Ask about Criminal Records
- Who should be Cautious of Criminal Records
- Background Checks on Existing Employees
- Suspicious of Misconduct in Existing Employees
- Best Practices
- Catch Cheaters
- EEOC Recap
- Records Destruction
In just 15 minutes, you will learn how to use background checks to make better personnel decisions — without violating EEOC guidelines and the FCRA.
Product ID: 6041