During this must-attend session, our expert faculty will examine key factors in managing and compensating ‘non-equity’ partners with an eye towards fairness and firm profitability, including:
- If and when you might consider progressing a non-equity to an equity partner
- How to address and change the tendency to treat non-equities as “high paid associates”
- Components of a ‘non-equity’ cash compensation package (bas, bonus, profit sharing, benefits) and how firms are applying these for these partners
- Key criteria that firms should look at when assessing non-equity partner performance, value and contributions to the firm
- Origination issues that arise in a non-equity partner model and how to handle them
- How firms are using non-equity tiers (junior/senior level non-equity partners)
- Much more…
Product ID: 12403
Learn the Keys to Finding the Right Salary and Bonus Structure!Get it on demand now
Hugh A. Simons
Hugh A. Simons, Ph.D., is a strategist and veteran professional services firm leader. He is a former senior partner, executive committee member and chief financial officer at The Boston Consulting Group and the former chief operating officer at Ropes & Gray. He is currently conducting research for a book on the fundamentals of elite law firm strategy.
Brian Kennel is an experienced management consultant with more than 20 years of experience in law firm and professional firm management and consulting. As owner of PerformLaw, he works with law firms and their leadership teams in a number of different areas. As a former legal administrator for a large commercial law firm, Brian understands the opportunities and challenges that exist in law firms. His experience also includes building and selling a law firm management services company to a Fortune 500 Company.