This comprehensive program focuses on processing payroll and keeping in compliance with Golden State’s tricky and often bizarre wage and hour requirements, including:
- Wage orders: How to determine which of the 17 wage orders applies to your company
- Mandatory Sick Leave: Complying with the law that became effective in July, 2015
- Overtime: CA has daily and weekly overtime and daily and weekly double time. Learn how to determine when it’s straight time, overtime or double time.
- Alternative workweeks: Are your employees eligible to have alternative workweeks and are employers required to offer them?
- Minimum Wage: How do credits for meals and lodging or tips affect the current minimum wage for the state?
- On call pay: Does CA require it for all employees all the time?
- Reporting or show up pay: does the employer owe wages to any employee for just showing up to work? Even if no work is performed?
- Split shifts: Is there a monetary requirement to pay the employee extra if they work a split shift?
Plus, during this information-packed session, you’ll also learn:
- What are the requirements for posters and payday notices?
- What must be included in the employee’s paystub and what must be excluded?
- What notices are required to be given to employees upon hire or if they are laid off or terminated, what if they go on leave of absence?
- How often must an employee be paid in CA? Does it apply to all categories of employees?
- What methods are permitted to pay employees? Are there rules for direct deposit? Can employees be paid by debit card?
- What are the rules for paying out the final paycheck if an employee is terminated? Are they the same if the employee quits? How does either one affect the vacation time left on the books?
- Are meal and rest periods required or left up to the employer’s policies? If required what are the penalties if the employee does not receive his or her meal or rest period?
- Record keeping requirements including required time punches
- What is required under the employee wage theft protection act?
Product ID: 12747
Ensure Your Payroll Processes Comply with California Wage & Hour Law!Order my recording now
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP.
"The Payroll Advisor"
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside and the City of Hesperia.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”
APA Approved Provider: Receive 1.50 RCH by attending!
Receive 1.50 CPE credits by attending the live Audio Conference! C4CM is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Recordings of the program do not qualify for CPE credits. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 877-900-C4CM (2426).
- Program Level : Intermediate
- Prerequisites : This course is for participants with some exposure to the subject.
- Advanced Preparation : None
- Delivery : Group Live
C4CM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.50 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.