This webinar details the latest management practices for when and how to track, allocate, transfer and transition origination credit for partner compensation in firms having objective, subjective and combination formula compensation systems.
- Defining Client and Matter Origination
- Origination Credits as Incentives for Developing Client Business:
- Client Origination
- Client Maintenance Credit
- Matter Proliferation credit
- Responsible Partner Credit
- Production Partner Credit
- Methods for Tracking Origination Credits for New Clients and New Matters from Existing Clients
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Tracking Origination Credits
- Duration of Origination Credit: Permanent Credit vs. Origination Credit for a Limited time
Our expert faculty will also explore key strategies for addressing today’s most hot-button issues surrounding origination credit and partner compensation, including:
- Sharing of Origination Credit When a Matter Is Outside the Originating Lawyers Expertise or Skill Set,
- Sharing of Origination Credit for Partner Billing/Management of a Matter, and
- Sharing of Origination Credit when the Originating Attorney Is No Longer the Clients ‘Go-To’ Contact at the Firm.
Plus, by the end of this information-packed session, you’ll also know:
- Innovative Approaches for Sharing of Origination Credit
- Non-financial Incentives for Successfully Originating Clients and Matters
- How Firms Have Revamped their Credit-Sharing Systems for Partner Compensation
- Transitioning Origination Credit from Senior Partners to Other Members of the Firm, i.e., Pros and Cons of Inheriting Origination Credit
Product ID: 19914
Plus, you get our top-selling best practice guide, Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – a $249 value – FREE!
This comprehensive guide explores the problems firms encounter before, during, and after implementing origination and cross-selling credits within the compensation system.
- Challenges for Modern Day Law Firms
- Developing Your Compensation System
- Understanding the Different Types of Origination
- Origination and Cross-Selling Credits within the Compensation System of a Law Firm
- Prepare for Changes in Origination Credit
- Monitoring Your Origination and Cross-Selling Credits
- How to Teach Your Attorneys to Cross-Sell
- Fitting Attorneys Into Proper Roles in the Firm
- Developing a Customized Model of Performance
So, don’t delay! Order your copy of this information-packed webinar and get Law Firm Origination and Cross-Selling Credit – absolutely FREE!
Learn How to Track, Encourage, Weight, and Assign Origination Credit!Get it on demand now
Managing Partner, Equinox Strategy Partners
Jonathan Fitzgarrald is Managing Partner of Equinox Strategy Partners, providing service professionals and firms with strategic counsel to drive revenue and increase market visibility. For nearly two decades and prior to founding Equinox Strategy Partners, Jonathan directed the sales and marketing at three, top business law firms.
Robert D. Seabolt
Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP
Bob Seabolt is the former Chief Operating Officer of Troutman Sanders LLP and is a partner in the firm. Bob practiced law for more than twenty years in the areas of white collar criminal defense, antitrust and general business litigation. Bob has served in a variety of management roles at Troutman, focusing on merger integration, lateral partner hiring, practice group management, business intake, collections initiatives and partner compensation.