This information-packed webinar offers step-by-step guidance for updating your employee handbook to ensure compliance with the latest federal legislation, regulations, and court rulings, including:
- EEO rules and why employers need anti-harassment, anti-retaliation and complaint provisions
- Paid leave laws, including the continuing trend of sick leave and paid parental leaves
- Predictions on the new NLRB’s priorities in employment policies
- Expansion of state and local protections for pregnant workers
In less than 75 minutes, you will learn best practices and informative tips for updating your employee handbook to minimize your liability, and protect your organization and your employees.
- Crucial elements and policies that your handbook must include, and guidance for other components to consider
- Latest in federal laws and regulations that require employee handbook updates
- Best way to state policy and other issues in your handbook, and when – and how – to use flexible language
- Techniques for effectively communicating handbook updates so employees are aware of the changes
- How to avoid those common drafting “traps” that could lead to legal liability in 2019
Product ID: 20081
Plus, you get our top-selling guide, Creating & Implementing an Effective Employee Handbook – a $347 value – absolutely FREE!
This guide gives you all the details, support materials and policy guidelines for communicating your organization’s rules, standards and benefits, including:
- Who Needs An Employee Handbook
- Advantages To Having An Employee Handbook
o Disadvantages To Having A Handbook
- Style and Format
o What Every Handbook Needs
- Common Handbook Mistakes
o Common Problem Areas in Handbooks
- Multi-State Employer Options
- Implementing Your Handbook
o Updating Your Handbook
This essential report also includes finger-tip access to sample materials and relevant policy information, including:
- Employee Handbook Updates
- Sample At-Will Statement
- Sample Acknowledgement Form
- Social Media Policy
- Sample Employee Handbook Table of Contents
So, don’t delay! Download your copy of Creating & Implementing an Effective Employee Handbook – TODAY! You save $347!
Learn What to Include, What to Update, & What to Avoid!Order my recording now
Kathryn J. Barry
Kathryn Barry is an Associate in the Long Island, New York, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She advises clients on compliance with various state and federal laws affecting the workplace, including Title VII, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Fair Labor Standards Act and New York State and City laws.
Continuing Education Units
HRCI – Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”